I love playing with new flavors in the kitchen. I experimented with a few ingredients and it turned out great. My husband loved it so much he asked if I can still remember the ingredients I used. He knows I don’t follow recipes and usually just toss in anything I can find in our kitchen. So I made this one again, trying to remember the ingredients and exact measurement I used (I don’t usually measure, too! haha), and writing it down so I won’t forget.
2 pieces or half kilo pork chop (with fat and skin still attached)
5 cloves finely grated garlic
1/4 tsp finely grated ginger
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/2 tbsp vinegar
2 pieces calamansi
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp Sriracha sauce (optional, if you want it a little spicy)
3 tbsp mascovado sugar
1. In a bowl, mix all ingredients except the pork.
2. Taste the marinade first to suit your taste, before adding the pork chop. You can adjust the sweetness, saltiness, or spiciness as desired.
3. Marinate the pork for at least 5 hours. It is best to marinate it overnight.
4. Place the marinated meat into a double grill pan, or any grill pan. Leave the sauce, you will add it later.
5. Cover the double grill and let it cook on medium heat for around 10 minutes. Add half of the sauce and flip the steak to cook the other side for 10 minutes. Add the remaining sauce and cook it for another 10 minutes. Checking and flipping the steak several times ensures a juicy pork chop that is evenly cooked.
6. Serve hot with a side of vegetables.